Swaaaaagbuuuuuuuuuucks

Search & Win

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday.......yeah.

Today was not at all like it was meant to be. Here was my perfect plan. Get up decent, make breakfast, clean the house, go to lunch with Jaime and Alexis, let Alexis and Grandma Jenny play (Jaime's mom), go to Sammi's house and let Alexis play with her cousins.

Here was my not so perfect day. Woke up at 10. Yes 10. This is bad in so many ways. I got too much sleep, leaving me cranky and ready to be irritable at a moments notice. Alexis slept too late meaning she is STILL awake at 11 at night. Breakfast was served around 12, meaning no lunch with Jaime and Alexis. At 2 I was finishing up cleaning the house and had still not heard from Jaime. Then, while texting Sam to see what she thought for dinner (there would be 7 of us, 3 of which are under age 10) I found out her mom took her kids for the night. So when Jaime finally texted me I asked if he wanted to hang out at his house or mine. He had a headache and wanted to stay home. This meant I wasn't leaving. And so at 11 at night, I am sitting here feeling very bored and very dissatisfied.

This has to do with more than my day falling apart. It is because even though I got the house picked up I feel like I have done nothing today. I am use to working. And I haven't worked in a month. I finished school, and had a job offer 2 weeks later. In this economy I should be ecstatic. And I am, don't get me wrong. I not only have a job starting Monday, but it has good pay and excellent benefits. But all this time sitting at home is beginning to drive me crazy.

I am seriously craving.........adult company.

And so I have been looking through quotes

Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children.
 ~Sam Levenson

"By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class."
-- Anne Morrow Lindbergh


A woman is like a teabag. Only when in hot water do you realize how strong she is.
-Nancy Reagan
The real menace in dealing with a five-year-old is that in no time at all you begin to sound like a five-year-old.
-Jean Kerr

I want to have children, but my friends scare me. One of my friends told me she was in labor for 36 hours. I don't even want to do anything that feels good for 36 hours.
-Rita Rudner
Those are my favorites. But my precious child is finally asleep. I think I'm going to read for 5 minutes and go to sleep myself. Morning is on its way. I can feel it....

No comments:

Post a Comment