Swaaaaagbuuuuuuuuuucks

Search & Win

Monday, January 3, 2011

Manic Monday

Have you ever ran around in so many circles you no longer know if you are coming or going? Me too. Today is one of those days.

Here is my to-do list for today
1. Clean the bedroom (my dd and I share a room. Makes it very easy for it to become overfilled, cluttered and messy)
2. Keep working on laundry. My goal is to have all the laundry completely caught up by this weekend. Funny how fast it adds up when you don't look at it for a few weeks.
3. Organize and clean living room

This sounds like not a lot. However I will feel very accomplished if I can just get the bedroom done. Of course taking the time to sit down and blog isn't going to help is it?

I have 3 hours until I have to go pick up my dd from school. In this time I'd like to finish my bedroom (and of course keep the laundry flowing). Then she and I can work on the living room together.

On the chore chart, she is doing great. She got hot in the middle of the night and decided her night gown had to come off. How this night gown was too warm I'm not sure, it's a light weight flannel but she always has been my little heater. This morning when I woke her up and had her get dressed she got dressed, went into the bedroom, got her nightgown that she had thrown off in the middle of the night and put it in the dirty clothes. I didn't have to remind her at all.

I also would like to box up books this week to take to the local used book store. I have more than I could read in a year and most of them have been read and aren't ones I'll reread. So rather than allowing them to continue to take up space (and have to move them here in a few months) I will either trade them in or take them and donate them to a local charity that takes clothes, books, etc to the Appalacian Mountain community. Either way it is better than taking up space in my house.

Well I suppose I should go back and keep chugging away. If I can get it clean today, maybe Wednesday I can get it organized and functional. Tomorrow is my running day. I have to run down to the school I just graduated from, print off some paperwork, take it to the place I'm applying for a job, then go help my Grandpa get things ready for the new carpet he's getting, go to the grocery store, and then hopefully come home. I will spend the majority of the day in the car, and have to be back in town in time to pick up my dd.

But I think I should take my gpa out to lunch. Another simple joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment