Swaaaaagbuuuuuuuuuucks

Search & Win

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Home again

It was a fun day at the doctor with my grandpa. Actually, because I'm sure that came across as dripping with sarcasm, but it wasn't all that bad. It was pretty typical, no problems, no complaints. Yay.

Grandpa likes to take me out to lunch when we make these trips. Today he asked where I wanted to go and, after some thought (and with the knowledge that this 80 year old man does not want to pay a whole lot for a meal, nor will he hear of me trying to pay for the meal) I asked him if he wanted to go to Hardees. Now Hardees have gone out of this area and are just starting to creep back. They still haven't gotten any closer to my town than the capital 45 minutes away but, being we were already there, what the hey. And that is where we go.

I am not a big fan of fast food. My daughter loves it and I allow her to have it once in a while. She knows that I do not want her eating it all of the time, nor should she, and even at 4 years old I have begun explaining to her that fast food is not healthy and so it can't be eaten all of the time. I generally will wait until I get home to eat rather than eat McDonalds, even if it is her special treat. However this actually tasted good. McDonalds tastes crappy to me, but I liked their cheeseburger, even if it was coated in grease and swimming in calories, as every fast food hamburger is. More importantly, Grandpa liked it. He usually picks at his food, eats about half, and throws the rest away. He ate half, took the rest with us, and ate it on the drive home. I was impressed.

I had to stop at the dollar store on my way home because my current alarm clock is not waking me up. This is a serious problem and so I bought a new one. Maybe now I'll actually be able to wake up when it goes off instead of an hour later when someone comes into my room to ask when I wanted up.

I also purchased a half gallon of soy milk. I am allergic to the milk protein (not lactose, that's the milk sugar) and so if I eat anything with very much milk in it I end up sick. I really like cereal people! But it has gotten to where it isn't worth the yuck feeling the next day. And so I'll try soy milk and see what I think. Worst case scenario, I'll mix in half and half with my daughters milk and she'll never know lol

No comments:

Post a Comment