Swaaaaagbuuuuuuuuuucks

Search & Win

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Bubba

Today was my little brother's birthday. He turned 15. Wow....

He was born when I was 10 years old. I was in the little mommy phase and I loved playing with him. We lived in Missouri at the time (and we do have to show him the proof before he'll believe anything).

The summer he was 1 1\2 I watched him while he played outside. I would generally be reading while he played.

When I was 14 I was going through the phase of life sucks. I was alone on Valentine's day and all my girl friends were dating people. They had gotten cookies (our drill team sells cookies on valentines day) and I hadn't gotten any. I came home, curled up on the couch and turned on a sappy love movie (stupid, right?). He came up to me, asked me what was wrong in his cute 5 year old way, and I told him that I was sad, he asked why, I said because I didn't have a boyfriend (oh how I yearn for the simplicity of those days). He curled up on the couch with me and said Don't be sad, I'll be your boyfriend. He was always such a sweetheart.

Now he is 15. I can't lie, I'm glad he's growing up. But at the same time I miss those times. He's moody sometimes, I swear boys pms just like girls. I hate knowing he has a girlfriend even while I'm happy for him. I am terrified of him learning to drive. But he is growing up to be a great guy. And I am so proud of him.

I love you bubba boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment