Swaaaaagbuuuuuuuuuucks

Search & Win

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Menu Plan Monday...On a Sunday


I am participating in Menu Plan Monday from I'm an Organizing Junkie. As I explained last week every other two weeks I don't have to make dinner, my mom does. And so I will plan my breakfasts and lunches for those two weeks. Here we go...

Monday - Breakfast - yogurt with granola
Lunch - provided by work (orientation)

Tuesday - Breakfast - Special K cereal bar
Lunch - provided by work

Wednesday - Breakfast - Toast with strawberry jam
Lunch - provided by work

Thursday - Breakfast - yogurt with granola
Lunch - leftover lasagna, spinach salad

Friday - Breakfast - Special K cereal bar
Lunch - soup, turkey sandwich, apple slices

Saturday - Breakfast - french toast
Lunch - homemade spaghettios, garlic cheese bread

Sunday - Breakfast - cereal
Lunch - macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets, applesasuce


I also wanted to share a link for a giveaway. I'm an organizing junkie is giving away an awesome magnetic menu planning board. I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to enter, these look awesome. I may buy one even if I don't win! I've become addicted to menu planning and let me tell you why...

1. I know at the beginning of the week what meals I am having, allowing me to plan when I am taking leftovers for lunch and when I need to have easy stuff on hand for lunch. It also makes it simple to plan a meal so I can have leftovers for the family on dance night.

2. I can make 1 grocery stop a week, maximum. I don't have to stop Monday and Wednesday and Thursday for 1 or 2 little things. I also use my coupon book for menu planning.

3. I always know the answer to the often asked question ''What's for dinner?''

4. I can build meals from leftovers throughout the week (like leftover roast) and ensure it gets ate before it gets bad. I also know what the weeks meal plan looks like so if I need to just put it in the freezer right away it doesn't go bad.

Those are just my top 4 reasons. I'm sure I could honestly go on and on about why I love meal planning but I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment