Swaaaaagbuuuuuuuuuucks

Search & Win

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Coming soon to a blog near you!

Ok so some people shouldn't try to be cute and clever but here we are anyway.

First off I've been working on my reading list for this year. Some things have been removed due to my inability to find them at the library. Some things will be added as I go along because they look good, or I stumble upon them at the library. But here we go.

1. Confessions of an Organized Homemaker - Deniece Schofield
2. Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
3. The Food Revolution Rediscover How To Cook Simple, Delicious, Affordable Meals - Jamie Oliver
4. Robin Hood - Howard Pyle
5. The Complete Tightwad Gazette - Amy Dacyczyn
6. Something More Excavating Your Authentic Self - Sarah Ban Breathnach
7. The Frantic Woman's Guide To Life - Mary Jo Rulnick and Judith Burnett Schneider
8. The Parenting Bible - Robin Goldstein
9. 12 Simple Secrets Real Moms Know Getting back to the basics and raising happy kids - Michele Borba
10. Is There Life After Housework - Don Aslett
11. Romancing the Ordinary A Year of Simple Splendor - Sarah Ban Breathnach
12. Lunch Lessons Changing the Way We Feed Our Children - Ann Cooper and Lisa M. Holmes


I would like to get this list up to 20. If you have any ideas PLEASE PLEASE leave a comment and give me ideas.

This morning I went to the library and the grocery store. DD decided she didn't feel up to going to school (a 4 year old program at a local daycare and preschool through the local school). Because she hasn't been sleeping well, has been coughing, and complaining that her throat hurt, I decided an early weekend wouldn't hurt her. We weren't sure that she would even be ready to go back Monday with her surgery this past week so 1 day isn't a big thing. However this made an easy relaxing trip to town into a hectic, stressful trip to town.

We normally don't go to the library in A town. It's a little bit farther and I generally don't have a reason to go. However I decided that it was time to start. They have a better selection both for me and my dd, as well as more services offered. I wasn't disappointed. She thought it was amazing how big it was and all the fun activities they have for kids. I was able to find all but 2 books I wanted off my reading list, and they are both ones that I was debating asking my mom to get me for a birthday.

The stress began when we stopped at Hyvee. I stopped here solely because they generally have a better selection. And in some ways they did today. I was able to get a new rice product that my normal grocery store doesn't offer. However they didn't have the pork cutlets for our dinner or the club crackers for my dad's lunch. And so, after my daughter melting down because she wanted a helium balloon, we left off for Fareway, where we were able to grab those last few things.

2 1/2 hours, lots of tears, lots of deep breaths, and a few close calls later, we are back at home. I have fed her lunch and she is watching a Barbie movie. I have started my new project -- Organizing my dd and my joint bedroom. This is a huge deal. I will post some pictures at a later date, before and after.

Well ladies and gents, let me know of any ideas you have for books.

No comments:

Post a Comment