Swaaaaagbuuuuuuuuuucks

Search & Win

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Laundry List

I have a full plate today. In fact, I think it calls for a list...

1. Visit grandpa. This isn't as much of a chore usually but I need to go help him unload boxes because they put in new carpet yesterday in his apartment. On the plus side, I'll get to grab boxes to box stuff up in my bedroom.

2. Grocery shop. I hate grocery shopping on the best of days. The fact that today I have to shop either while my dd is at school, trying to get back in time to pick her up and take her to dance, or after dance with my dd just puts more time constraints and stress on me.

3. Bake cupcakes. I like baking. The problem here is this has to be done today for my dd's snack bucket tomorrow and I don't have any frosting in this house so I will end up doing it some time tonight.

4. Dance night. I have mentioned this a couple of times already. Dance is from 5 to 530 which isn't bad except for the 30 minute drive each way. I generally try to tie this in with a trip to the library.

5. Normal household chores. This includes dishes, laundry (at least some), vacuum, pick up toys.

6. Todays organizing project. I just haven't decided yet what that will be. I'm torn between my daughters closet and the fridge\freezer. I will have to let you know later what I decide to do today.


Yesterday, I'm happy to announce, I took my own advice and went out and enjoyed the snow. I had to adjust my perspective a few times in order to truly enjoy the simple pleasure that is getting to play in the piles of snow instead of looking at them as another task. But I made shoveling the snow into a game with Alexis. Instead of just busting through as fast as I could, I made it into a pile for her to jump into. We went on a hike around the yard seeing how many different bunny trails we could find and following them. It was fun.

And now, today, it's back to reality and the real world. But it was fun to look through the eyes of a child for those few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment